Engineering Towers | Elementary School Educator Curriculum
Reflect from evidence to inform design modifications.
Apply systematically and from evidence the necessary modifications to the proposed tower design.
OBJECTIVE: Learners will reason and make modifications of designs based on evidence.
- Use the evidence from your viewers and structural analysis to inform final design changes.
- Execute your desired design changes and ready your final tower design.
- What elements would like to remain?
- What elements might you want to remove?
- What elements might you want to add?
Project 10 Lever Experiment
Explore the concepts of balance and symmetry and how they relate to tower construction.
Project 11 The Language of Form
Experiment with 3D space by exploring the various attributes of aesthetic form.
Project 12 Drawing of Group Design
Reflect on the concept of group design and how it impacts the design process.
Project 14 Team Plan and Task Assignments
Share the wealth by assigning tasks for learners to complete their projects.
Project 15 Building Our Tower
Devise a method of reflecting on the engineering process through the use of journaling.
Project 16 Earthquake Table Test
Devise an experiment to test the structural soundness of their tower design.