Modeling Main-Idea Questioning
Reread the article on struggling readers, Questions Teachers Ask About Struggling Readers and Writers (PDF) Then follow the procedures listed below. When you have finished, save your written work to submit as an assignment.
- Review the Instructional Sequence for modeling main-idea questioning.
- Choose one struggling reader in your classroom and an appropriate text.
- Plan a lesson based on the selected text to model main-idea questioning for the student.
- Teach the lesson modeling the concept of main-idea questioning.
- Reflect on your instruction and your student's responses.
- Decide whether the next lesson you plan will be a modeling lesson or a coaching lesson. Give reasons for your decision.
Next > Scaffolding Instruction