Science in Focus: Shedding Light: Lights, Camera, Action
3D Photography and Anaglyphs
IV. Do it With Your Students
Can you see in 3D?
- Put your hand over your right eye and look at the image.
- Now, put your hand over your left eye and look at the image
- Look at the image with both eyes
Then ask them to work with a partner as they try to answer the following questions:
- Can you explain how these images were made?
- What is the role of the color filters?
- Why do you think there appear to be two images superimposed on each other?
Looking for more? Look at the list of 3D, anaglyph, and filter resources in V. Resources.