Science in Focus: Shedding Light: Lights, Camera, Action
3D Photography and Anaglyphs
- Aldridge, Bill G. What is Light and How Do We Explain it? Alexandria, VA: National Science Teachers Association, 1996.
- Falk, David; Brill, Dieter; and David Stork. Seeing the Light: Optics in Nature, Photography, Color, Vision and Holography. New York: Harper & Row, 1986.
- Livingstone, M.S., "Art, Illusion and the Visual System," Scientific American, January, 1988.
- Physics Today, December, 1992, Vol. 45.
Articles on color perception to digital color processing.
- Rossotti, Hazel. Colour: Why the World Isn't Grey. Princeton: Princeton University Press, 1983.
- Examples of Anaglyphs
Sources of 3D Glasses and Other Resources
- Stereoscopy.com The World of 3D Imaging
An extensive site of 3D imaging materials and educational resources
- Nvidia 3D Vision
3D software and supplies
- Red/green glasses - #7001
- Create 3-D Drawing kit - #1007
- Stereo Photography kit - #1023
- Stereoscopic Drawing - #1055
- Ted Pella, Inc.
(530) 243-2200, 1-800-237-3526
Source of 3D red/blue glasses (recommended: #1121-4) and other resources related to microscopes and stereoscopy.
- Edmund Scientific
Source for filters and other educational optics resources.
101East Gloucester Pike
Barrington, NJ 08007-1380
Large Sheets (12" X 22")
Book of 6 Filters
R 60,373 (large)
R 40,676 (small)
Book of 44 Filters