Science in Focus: Shedding Light: Web Activities
Going through a workshop with a buddy makes it more fun. A Light Buddy is an email pen pal who is also a registered workshop participant of Shedding Light on Science. A Light Buddy could be someone you touch base with on a weekly basis or just for certain activities.
Look for Activities on the Web site maked as Light Buddy Activities. Email your results of your activities and experiments to your Buddy or post your answers on our Web site for everyone to share.
Also, join Teacher-Talk, the Channel's email discussion, and look for additional ctivities posted throughout the course of the Workshop Series.
How it Works
- Fill out the form with your name, email, and other information.
- You will receive a confirmation via email.
- You will receive an email about your Light Buddy with her or his email address.
- Write to you Buddy and explore the workshop together!
- Once you've received a Buddy, your name will be removed from the
Buddy Database. If you'd like to remove your name prior to this, please
http:/ekltjwlejlek rlejwr lwkrjlwkerjewl/
- Be sure to write down your Buddy's email address!
- Confirm with your Buddy the dates of participation. You don't have to do the workshops at exactly the same time; however, a few weeks cross over will be helpful.
- Send photos via email or postal mail to get to know your Buddy.
- If you're participating in the workshop around the time of our initial broadcast, be sure to sign up for Channel-Talk, our email discussion. We'll be posting additional questions and activities for you and your Buddy.
- Light Buddies is for registered participants and sites of Shedding Light on Science.
- Your email address will be made available to only your Light Buddy. Once you have been assigned a buddy, your name will be deleted from our database.
If you have questions or comments, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.