Create a Handbook
In this ongoing activity, you will collect literacy resources in a Handbook for Effective Literacy Practices to use in your classroom.
Today, you will create a section focused on differentiating instruction with an emphasis on flexible grouping patterns. Include resources you already use, and plan to use in the future. Place them in the section for Differentiating Instruction. You may want to include:
- the lesson plan you developed in Activity 1, adding additional flexible grouping lesson plans as you teach them
- themes/topics, materials, grouping plans, and instructional practices recorded in Activity 2
- a list of instructional strategies that support struggling and capable readers in reading and writing
- a list of center activities that address the varied needs of all students in your grade
- a list of required titles organized by grade level