After viewing this program, you will be able to:
- Understand the differences between assessment and evaluation
and the uses of each.
- Develop and use a number of different instruments such
as observation, writing, reading, discussion, and projects
for assessment and evaluation.
- Develop ways to include students in their own assessment
via self-reflection, self-assessment, and the development
- Understand the importance of integrating assessment and
evaluation with instruction.
- Understand the importance of establishing clear and publicly
explained criteria for evaluation.
- Understand the value of standardized tests, their place
in our educational systems, and ways to prepare students
to succeed on them without making such preparation the centerpiece