Only some of the
readings are available online due to copyright issues. However, we have
listed the sources of all the publications should you want to locate them.
Links to PDF files are listed for those available for download.
- Carne Barnett Barnett, C., & Ramirez, A. "Fostering
critical analysis and reflection through mathematics case discussions."
(1996) In J. Colbert, K. Trimble, & P. Desberg (Eds.), The Case for
Education: Contemporary Approaches for Using Case Methods (pp.1-13).
Needham Heights, MA: Allyn & Bacon
- Marta Civil Civil, M. Bridging
In-School Mathematics and Out-of-School Mathematics: A Reflection (PDF). April
1998, AERA Annual Meetings, San Diego, CA
- Wynne Harlen "Assessment in the Inquiry Classroom."
Chapter 11 in Foundations 2: Inquiry. Washington, DC: National
Science Foundation, 1999.
- Wynne Harlen Harlen, W. "Handling
Children's Questions" (PDF). Chapter 15 in The Teaching of Science
in Primary Schools, (Second Edition) London: David Fulton Publishers,
- Peter Hewson Hewson, P. W. Conceptual
Change in Science Teaching and Teacher Education (PDF). June 1992,
National Center for Educational Research, Documentation, and Assessment,
- Herbert Ginsburg "Doing Mathematics: Observations
of Everyday Activities," Chapter 9 in Mathematics in the Early Years,
Ed. Juanita V. Copley Houston, Texas: University of Houston, 1999. 87-99.
- James Kaput Kaput, J. (in press). "Transforming algebra from an engine of inequity to an engine of
mathematical power by "algebrafying" the K-12 curriculum."
To appear in S. Fennel (Ed.) A Framework for integrating algebra
across K-12 mathematics. Reston, VA: NCTM, 1998.
- Philip M. Sadler Sadler, P. "Project
DESIGN: Goals that Cross All Modules" (PDF). Project DESIGNS
(pp. 3-6). The President and Fellows of Harvard College. Project DESIGNS, 1996,
NSF grant ESI-9452767.
- Robert Swartz Swartz, R., Fischer, S., & Parks, S. "Critical
and Creative Thinking in Science" (PDF). Infusing
the Teaching of Critical and Creative Thinking into Secondary Science
(pp. 29-32). Pacific Grove, CA: Critical Thinking Books and Software, 1998.