In Search of the Novel:Teacher-TalkNovel
Subject: RE: QuestionsFrom: Stimson, Linda (LStimson@ed.state.nh.us)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 10:11:13 EST
- Next message: Andrea Martine: "Question"
- Previous message: Betsy Scheidemantel: "Technology question"
- Maybe in reply to: Betsy Scheidemantel: "Questions"
- Next in thread: Cindy O'Donnell-Allen: "Re: Questions"
- Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ]
On the Harry Potter issue, to my knowledge the only
controversy surrounding the series in NH is the use of witchcraft.
Our discussion group brought up the interesting fact that
the "audience" of today is very different from the audience for whom Dickens
Would Peyton Place be banned today while students are
reading Amy Tan and Toni Morrison?
English/Language Arts Consultant
NH Department of Education
101 Pleasant St
Concord, NH 03301
From: Betsy Scheidemantel
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2000 10:13 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
I have some questions regarding "Song of Solomon".
Do you feel that this
would be an appropriate novel to add to a high
school reading list? I found
it a very long read and some of the content no
appropriate for high school
students. I would be hard pressed to recommend this
to any of my students.
Please let me know how you feel about this story.
Betsy Lehman Scheidemantel