In Search of the Novel:Teacher-TalkNovel
Subject: Re: QuestionsFrom: Margaret Freeman (MargaretF@darlington.k12.sc.us)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 17:20:26 EST
- Next message: Cindy O'Donnell-Allen: "Re: Questions"
- Previous message: Margaret Freeman: "Re: censorship"
- Maybe in reply to: Betsy Scheidemantel: "Questions"
- Next in thread: Cindy O'Donnell-Allen: "Re: Questions"
- Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ]
In my opinion, it is no worse or no better than what occurs within the homes, movies, conversations, etc. of these worldly wise high school students... I do feel an obligation as a teacher to point out more proper values, better/other alternatives, and to emphasize that fiction is not always a measure of an author's lifestyle......etc.
>>> "Betsy Scheidemantel" <firstname.lastname@example.org> 03/20/00 10:13AM >>>
I have some questions regarding "Song of Solomon". Do you feel that this
would be an appropriate novel to add to a high school reading list? I found
it a very long read and some of the content no appropriate for high school
students. I would be hard pressed to recommend this to any of my students.
Please let me know how you feel about this story.
Betsy Lehman Scheidemantel