You may want to try these activities back in the classroom.
Activity One: Teacher Discussion and Sharing
Activity Two: Sample Student Activities
- How do you foster a love for reading in your own classroom?
Share some classroom anecdotes and experiences.
- What can you do in your own classroom to bring the joy
of reading literature to your students?
- What would your students include in their readers' biographies?
What would you want them to include?
- Ask your students to write their own reader's biography.
As an extension to this, ask them to create a collage that
represents their reader's biography.
- Ask your students to bring in their three favorite books
for small group book talk discussions.
- Ask your students to present a book commercial and/or
read aloud for their favorite book.
- Ask your students to create a "book in a box" where they
gather 5-6 objects that represent their favorite book. Students
can share these, along with their favorite books in small
- Ask your students to impersonate their favorite fictional
character(s) individually, in pairs, or in groups.