The following information will help you focus and organize your professional
- Understand the effects of an increased arts presence on faculty and
- Consider ways to build on new experiences with the arts.
These are questions for your group to consider as you work through the
- How do the arts affect the way students learn?
- What roles do the arts play in your schools curriculum?
Materials and Resources
Facilitator: Engage participants in thinking about the role the
arts can play in the classroom by discussing these questions:
- How can arts education increase student learning and understanding?
- How can the arts enable students to create knowledge for themselves?
- How can teachers help students make learning their own process rather
than the process of the teacher?
- How does focusing attention on the artistic process (creating, performing,
and responding) affect students understanding of the arts?
© Annenberg Foundation 2014. All rights reserved. Legal Policy