The following information will help you focus and organize your professional
- Examine how different schools expand the role of the arts, based on
their culture, priorities, and personnel.
- Discover different ways that teachers collaborate to use the arts
in their classrooms.
These are questions for your group to consider as you work through the session:
- How can meaningful arts education change teaching practice?
- What are various ways educators can collaborate to increase the presence
of the arts in their classrooms?
Materials and Resources
Facilitator: Ask participants to review their understanding of
the arts by discussing these questions:
- What are the arts?
- What do different art forms have in common with one another?
- What is arts education?
- How are the arts different from and similar to non-arts subjects?
© Annenberg Foundation 2015. All rights reserved. Legal Policy