Watching the Program
While you watch, consider these focus questions:
Lesson 1: Outlining the Story
- How is outlining a multi-arts performance piece similar to or different
from outlining a literary piece?
- How does understanding the journey structure facilitate the story-writing
Lesson 2: Developing Ideas
- How does setting structural guidelines assist students in the creative
- How can the characters and plot of one story inform the development
of a new story or a story extension?
Lesson 3: Rehearsing and Refining
- How do the outcomes of active rehearsal differ from those expected
or experienced in classroom discussion?
- What are the similarities and differences between a visual symbol
used in a performance piece and a literary symbol used metaphorically
in a written work?
Lesson 4: Performing and Reflecting
- How do students reflections on a performance piece affect their
understanding of the creative process?
- How can you meaningfully facilitate reflection and refinement of
© Annenberg Foundation 2016. All rights reserved. Legal Policy