The following information will help you focus and organize your professional
- Develop a plot structure for a multi-arts piece.
- Plan and implement a dramatization for the piece.
- Create and perform movement for the piece.
- Create costumes for the piece.
- Create and perform a musical score for the piece.
- Understand choreographic principles and processes in creating, performing,
These are questions for your group to consider as you work through the
- What are the steps in the process of creating a multi-arts performance
- How does a teacher effectively guide the development of a student-created
Materials and Resources
If you have had your own students create costumes for characters from
history or literature, discuss this experience:
- How effective were the students in representing artistic and historical
elements in their design choices?
If you have not explored these activities with your students, share and
discuss your lesson plans or journal writings about how you could integrate
these ideas in your classroom.
Facilitator: Discuss your experiences with having your students
create costumes for characters from history or literature:
- How effectively did students represent artistic and historical elements
in their design choices?
Distribute the handout, Elements of the Hero's Journey. Discuss the classic
hero's journey in myth and folklore and the prevalence of the journey
structure in literature.
To download PDF files, you will need a free copy of Acrobat