Watching the Program (60 minutes)
Error - unable to load content - Flash
While you watch, consider these focus questions:
Lesson 1: Influences of the Past
- What historical references might have influenced Quidam?
- What role does history play in the ideas that artists have?
Lesson 2: The Power of Costume
- What do costumes symbolize or represent in various works of art?
- How is a costume a work of art?
Lesson 3: Magritte and Nikolais
- How might biographical information about an artist inform our understanding
of his or her works?
- How could the work of one artist influence the work of other artists?
Lesson 4: Art Historian Role-Play
- What is street performance? Is it art?
- How does historical precedent affect our view of art today?
- What criteria should be used to identify and define works of art?
© Annenberg Foundation 2014. All rights reserved. Legal Policy