Watching the Program
Error - unable to load content - Flash
While you watch, consider these focus questions:
Lesson 1: Researching Clues
- Based on the written description of Parade, what kinds of
images come to mind? Think in terms of dance, music, theatre, and visual
- What are the advantages of group research, and how can students be
prepared for success in this model?
Lesson 2: Musical Cues
- What is program music, and how does the music in Quidam
- How have key vocabulary words been integrated into this lesson?
Lesson 3: Vaudeville
- What are the important elements in the vaudeville theatrical style,
and where do you see influences of this style in Quidam?
- How do the students mix elements of reality and fantasy to create
their vaudeville performances?
Lesson 4: Critic School
- What are the essential elements of criticism? How is criticism useful
in understanding works of art?
- How does this performance task serve to assess student understandings
in dance, music, theatre, and visual art?
© Annenberg Foundation 2014. All rights reserved. Legal Policy