Professional Development for Teachers
- Develop or attend a course or a workshop on collaborating with
local artists. What skills, knowledge, and other resources would teachers
need to work effectively with an artist?
- Visit a school that already has a successful relationship with
local artists. What can you learn from that schools experience?
- Plan and implement an arts fair that brings together
teachers and artists in your district. Brainstorm how you might begin
- Create or attend a professional development unit on funding an
- Identify resources for creating a work of art in your class;
for example, publishing a book of student poetry or staging a performance.
What resources would you need and where can you find them?