Professional Development for Teachers
- Consider ways you can incorporate visual art lessons in your
class. How would you structure the class? What materials would you
use and where would you obtain them? What other subjects would you
- Think of ways that visual art might address special needs of students
in your classroom, for example, by bridging language barriers or developmental
gaps, providing opportunities for different learning styles, or enabling
students to express interests or feelings.
- Take a class in a visual art activity or skill, such as drawing,
painting, ceramics, or photography.
- Visit a local visual art organization. Volunteer a few hours
each month to gain a behind-the-scenes perspective on how artists
- Structure a session to explore how visual art specialists and
classroom teachers can work together at your school.