for ways the teachers in this program use both improvisational and text-based
techniques to develop creative-thinking skills:
- How can teachers use improvisation to promote creative writing?
- How can they use text to encourage creative thinking?
- What are the benefits of each approach?
- What would be the product of each approach?
Amanda Newberry and George E. Jackson, III, incorporate movement into
many of their theatre exercises. Consider these questions:
- How does movement enhance their students learning?
- How might movement-based techniques be used to engage students in
reading, math, and other academic subjects?
Theatre does not require a stage in fact, performances in tents,
at churches, and on the street are long-standing theatre traditions. Pay
attention to the settings used by the teachers in this program:
- How could you incorporate theatre activities in your classroom?