program models interactions among arts specialist teachers, classroom
teachers, and students in several instructional environments.
As you watch, look for ways that the arts specialists seek input and
feedback from classroom teachers:
- How do they incorporate this information into their instruction?
- Should arts specialists take the lead in offering to help classroom
teachers learn arts-based skills? How can they do this in a collegial
way that will gain teachers support?
- Do arts specialists gain insights about students that would be helpful
to classroom teachers? How should specialists share this?
- How can arts specialists become part of the classroom teachers
teams, regularly sharing information and ideas?
- Is the expert role of the arts specialist diminished
or enhanced by interacting with other teachers?
© Annenberg Foundation 2014. All rights reserved. Legal Policy