Benefits of Serving
Here are some reasons why members enjoy serving on Lushers Leadership
- Geralyn Broussard, first-grade teacher: It makes me feel
more a part of school knowing my ideas are shared and used.
... The Leadership Team is the think tank you have to be willing
to work through ideas.
- Kathy DeJean, dance teacher: It lets me look at how the
arts are being used and listened to and understood by classroom teachers
and listen to classroom teachers and hear how arts are affecting
them and what they need.
- Marti Dumas, a new fifth-grade teacher and Lusher alumna: The
Leadership Team is a voice for people who dont necessarily know
the ropes around here. ... Having the Leadership Team focused on the
arts makes other people more serious about the arts.
- Sheila Nelson, assistant principal: The Leadership Team
members have to go out to other teachers to get information. They
have to be people who are flexible and know how to relate to others.
- Paul Reynaud, first-grade teacher: We allow the teachers
to have a voice about what kind of curriculum changes we are going
- Carolyn DuBois, fourth-grade teacher: My colleagues have
a contact with the administration. They share with me and I can go
back to the Leadership Team.