|Selected Reports from the Test Garden
Late Planting--Lack of Snow Cover?
- 04/25/12 Fairlee, Vermont
We are wondering if the cold temperatures of winter without snow cover affected the blooming of the tulips. On 4/25 only four have bloomed.
- 04/30/12 Norwich, Vermont
This year's tulips bloomed several weeks later than those I planted in past years. I didn't plant them until December so wonder if this is the reason.
Kodiak, Alaska Test Garden
- 04/13: Spotted one tulip bud. Yes! Windy, cold and spotty snow, but one bud.
- 04/20: Fourteen buds and almost 50 degrees today here in Kodiak Alaska. Spring has arrived we hope.
- 04/27: About 30 tulips almost 8 inches tall. Warm weather is starting to happen also. Almost 55 degrees in Kodiak yesteday. Fog today.
When will the final gardens emerge and bloom?
Blooming in Norwich, Vermont
include ($_SERVER[DOCUMENT_ROOT]."jnorth/www/includes/eg_nav_copyright_worksheets.inc"); ?>