This fall, join people across the Northern Hemisphere by planting a Journey North Tulip Test Garden. When the tulips emerge and bloom, you can announce the arrival of spring in your hometown. Together we'll track changes in seasons and climate around the world.
Plant Your Garden
Because this is an experiment, all gardens must be planted in the same way:
- Use Red Emperor tulip bulbs only
- Plant in an open area, away from a foundation or pavement
- Bury bulbs 7 inches deep, pointed side up
Report from Your Garden
Report to Journey North three times:
1. Date your garden is PLANTED
2. Date your first tulip EMERGES
3. Date your first tulip BLOOMS
Use this Link to Report
Follow the Map
As tulips emerge and bloom, track the wave of spring across the Northern Hemisphere on a live map.
About the Journey North Tulip Test Garden Project