1. Brainstorm questions for research. Collect questions on wonder rings or research charts. As a class, you can decide to focus on questions related to the size of a gray whale or include a wider range of facts.
2. Research the facts. To help students get started, explore the Journey North research resources listed below.
3. Create your own life-size poster. As a class, work together to create a poster that showcases the size of an adult gray whale. Have students work in small groups to showcase their research questions and gray whale facts. Challenge students to make the poster into an interactive display:
- Make paper pockets on the poster. Insert wonder ring cards in each pocket.
- Make foldable cards that can be adhered to the poster. Write a question on the top and the answer on the inside.