November 6, 2002
Still no go. It's really, really windy today. The team pleads, "If anyone has
the ability to change the weather, please step up now." Miles gone: 335.5. As
delays add up, dollar signs and numbers are on the minds of the team. With today's
journaling questions, they'll be on your minds, too!
Map the Migration
Make your own map using the latest migration data
Try This! Journaling Question
- As you fill in your migration
comparison chart for today, how many tally marks do you count for no-fly days?
If our tallies agree, it's17 no-fly days in 25 days of travel. Last year the 1225-mile
journey ended on day 48, with 23 no-fly days.
- How many miles remain in the journey?
- What percent of days on this migration have been no-fly days?
- What percent of days on last year's migration were no-fly days?
- If the team could finish this year's migration in 48 days, how many miles will
they need to average starting tomorrow?
Journey North is pleased to feature this educational adventure made possible by
Crane Eastern Partnership (WCEP).
Copyright 2002-2003 Journey North. All Rights
Please send all questions, comments, and suggestions to our feedback form