October 11, 2002
Migration Target Date Plus 1
Still Waiting in the Wings
Strong south winds kept the cranes from migrating today. But it wasn't a
complete washout--they did make a practice flight. Tomorrow's forecast is
for rain and wind, so unless things change, they'll be on the ground for
another day. Stay tuned!
It will be very fun to compare last year's migration with this year's.
If you haven't already done so, make sure you print out this chart for making
Try This! Journaling Question
- What are some advantages to setting an early target date for the crane
migration takeoff? What are some advantages to setting a late target
Journey North is pleased to feature this educational adventure made possible by
Crane Eastern Partnership (WCEP).
Copyright 2002-2003 Journey North. All Rights
Please send all questions, comments, and suggestions to our feedback form