How Does the Trike Help the Cranes
Listen to Deke for These Answers:
1. Deke refers to the "V" formation or chevron-shape flying formation in this audio clip. Draw a picture to show what this means.
2. You will hear Deke refer to soaring birds and flapping birds. What's the difference?
3. Deke will use the word vortex. Listen for a synonym for vortex. What creates the vortex?
4. To what human activity does Deke compare the flight of birds with an ultralight?
5. How do the trailing birds, which are flapping more than the lead birds, get a rest? All the answers are in this audio clip (67 sec.).