Fall's Journey South
Report Your Sightings
Search Journey North
Journey North News were posted on Tuesdays:
Sep. 9, 15, 23, 30, Oct. 8, 14, 22, Nov. 6, 18
Symbolic Monarch Butterfly Migration
Spring, '98 Migration
Journey South News
- Monarch Migration Update: September 9, 1997
Waves of monarchs leave northern regions, arrive in Nebraska in large numbers.
- Monarch Migration Update: September 15, 1997
Monarchs Funnel Through Cape May, New Jersey in record numbers
- Monarch Migration Update: September 23, 1997
While the migration peaks in the Midwest, people in the South eagerly await the arrival of masses
- Monarch Migration Update: September 30, 1997
Large numbers of monarchs reported yesterday across Texas, those leaving Canada now decreasing.
- Monarch Migration Update: October 8, 1997
First sightings arrived from "south of the border"! Meanwhile, masses of monarchs from
points across the U.S. and Canada are collecting in Texas, and poised to move south.
- Monarch Migration Update: October 14, 1997
Monarchs flood across U.S. border into Northern Mexico!
- Monarch Migration Update: October 22, 1997
The migration has advanced through the state of Coahuila, Mexico, and is most likely now entering
the states of San Luis Potosi and Zacatecas.
- First Monarch Butterflies Complete Their Journey!
November 6, 1997
Mexican biologist greets the first monarchs as they arrive at their winter sanctuaries in Mexico.
After only 4 days, two trees are already full of monarchs.
- FINAL FALL Monarch Migration Update: November
This FINAL FALL Monarch Migration update comes to you directly from Angangueo, Mexico to confirm
that millions of monarchs have indeed made it home for the winter!