Fall's Journey South
Report Your Sightings
Search Journey North
Dear Journey North Teachers,
By popular demand, Monarch biologist Dr. Bill Calvert plans to lead 3 trips to the Monarch Overwintering Sanctuaries
in Mexico during the upcoming school year. The dates and estimated costs are provided below. We hope this early
notice will help you plan ahead so that you can join him.
||November 14- 21 (Trip #1)
February 13-20 (Trip #2)
March 13-20 (Trip #3)
(plus airfare to Mexico City)
||Dr. Bill Calvert (email@example.com)
Tailored for Teachers
These trips are designed with the special interests of Journey North teachers in mind:
- Participants will visit monarch sanctuaries in states of Michoacan and Mexico, and learn about the associated
Mexican rural culture.
- The trips will include visits to local schools where we'll learn about the Mexican school system and the challenges
of teaching in rural Mexico. As part of the fall trip, teachers will help deliver symbolic monarch butterflies
to rural schools.
- The interactions of local people with monarchs and the impact of monarchs on the local economy will be explored.
- Many aspects of monarch research will be discussed. Suggestions will be provided for simple science experiments
which use the monarch butterfly as a teaching tool and help scientists learn about the migratory phenomenon.
- You'll meet personally the people who live in the monarch region and whom you've come to know through the Journey
To express your interest or for further information please contact Dr. Calvert directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org