Next message: Iselin Middle School: "challenge question 23"
My students initially were skeptical that a butterfly could be so close to us
so early in the season. But when we reread the rreport we came up with these
convincing reasons to believe him.
1. The wings were faded and worn. This would indicate a long journey and an
2. The butterfly rested frequently. This may indicate a long flight.
3. There have been early bird sightings. This is also an indication of an
4. There were southwest winds. Texas is southwest of us. Maybe the
butterfly was blown here on these winds.
5. The reporter was an adult and they would tell us the truth. (This reason
prompted a lot of discussion especially when you hear all the stories about
adults on the internet trying to pick up children)
Again, thanks for giving us the opportunity to tear apart what we read
looking for the truth. It was a good experience for my special education
class in the middle school.
Marsha Lodge, RHAM Middle School, Hebron, CT
Copyright 2000 Journey North. All Rights Reserved. Please send
all questions, comments, and suggestions to our feedback form