UNIT 8: Early Economies
- Terence N. D'Altroy, "Politics, Resources, and Blood in the Inka Empire," in Empires: Perspectives from Archaeology and History, ed. Susan D. Alcock, 201-26 (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2001).
- Terence D'Altroy and Timothy K. Earle, "Staple Finance, Wealth Finance, and Storage in the Inka Political Economy," Current Anthropology 26, no. 2 (April 1985): 187-206.
- Christopher Dyer, Making a Living in the Middle Ages: The People of Britain 850-1520 (New Haven, CT: Yale University Press, 2002).
- Thomas Keirstead, The Geography of Power in Medieval Japan (Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press, 1992).
- Kenneth Morgan, ed., Oxford Illustrated History of Britain (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1984).
- Oyama Kyohei, "Medieval Shoen," trans. Martin Collcutt, in The Cambridge History of Japan, Volume 3: Medieval Japan, ed. Kozo Yamamura (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1990).
- Shiba Yoshinobu, Commerce and Society in Sung China, trans. Mark Elvin (1969; repr., Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Center for Chinese Studies, 1992).
FEATURED SOURCE MATERIAL
- English chronicler
- Spanish commentator on Inkas
- Chinese description of city life