UNIT 3: Human Migrations
- J. M. Adovasio and Jake Page, The First Americans: In Pursuit of Archaeology's Greatest Mystery, 1st ed. (New York: Random House, 2002
- Christopher Ehret, "Bantu Expansions: Re-Envisioning a Central Problem of Early African History," The International Journal of African Historical Studies 34, no. 1 (2001).
- Clive Gamble, Timewalkers: The Prehistory of Global Colonization (Cambridge, Mass.: Harvard University Press, 1994)
- Patrick Manning, Migration in Modern World History 1500-2000, [Wadsworth, a division of Thomson Learning, Inc., 2001]
- NOVA. The Mysterious Mummies of China, http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/chinamum/ (accessed March 14, 2003).
- Steve Olson, Mapping Human History: Discovering the Past through Our Genes (Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 2002)
- Chris Stringer and Robin McKie, African Exodus: The Origins of Modern Humanity, 1st American ed. (New York: Henry Holt, 1997)
FEATURED PRIMARY SOURCE MATERIALS
- Mary Leakey, twentieth-century archeologist
- Bruce Chatwin, twentieth-century author
- Sir William Jones, nineteenth-century linguist