So, what have you done in this session?
- In Part A, you observed student work and looked for connections in a video of an early elementary classroom.
- In Part B, you explored your own work with the tangram pieces and considered the mathematical connections that can be made through this activity.
- In Part C, you examined connections among mathematical topics and to everyday experiences, and how these connections can be utilized in a classroom.
- In Part D, you saw the advantages of having young students connect mathematical ideas to topics that are of interest to them. You also examined how clear organization and representation of data helps students make inferences and justify their thinking.
- In Part E, you just made your own lesson plan as a way to evaluate what you've learned.
But of course, things wouldn't be complete without another -- you guessed it! -- journal. This final journal will mark your completion of the session.
Completing your journal