So, what have we done in this session?
- In Part A, you started, in the Observe section, by looking at student work on a problem about taxicabs that was represented both with tree diagrams and matrices.
- In Part B, you investigated a variety of representations for the sum of a series of reciprocals of powers of 2.
- In Part C, you considered connections among representations and how mathematical structures are revealed by various types of representations. We looked further at how the teacher can promote careful, deliberate choice of representation and the role of technology.
- In Part D, your focus was on developing meaning for various representations related to circular functions while solving a problem about a double Ferris wheel. Throughout this session we saw that different representations had different benefits and drawbacks and that discussing connections among representations can promote concept development.
- In Part E, you made a lesson plan of your own.
Now you have an opportunity to reflect on this session and to communicate some of your thoughts and observations in your journal. This final journal entry will mark your completion of the session.
Completing your journal