1. Take a square piece of paper and fold it into two equal rectangles. Unfold it and then fold all four corners into the center point. Crease the fold lines so that you now have a smaller square with four triangles on top of it. Open it up. We'll call this object a Folded Square.
2. Create a new shape by either including or not including folded pieces. For example, you could fold in the top triangle as follows:
The resulting shape is a pentagon.
3. Make a drawing of your new shape and label it with its name.
4. Write a description of your shape. For example, if you were sending an e-mail message to a friend who was making the same shape, how would you describe the shape?
5. Repeat Steps 1-5 to create new, original shapes.