Building new understandings or skills means building and rebuilding new neural networks. How that process occurs is the focus of this unit, which emphasizes the crucial link between performance and context and suggests that the traditional notion of learning as a linear development of isolated skills is misleading.
- 1. Such stuff as schools are made on
- 2. Neural paths to understanding
- 3. Performance and context
- 4. Levels of performance vary with context
- 5. Putting away the ladder: real development