Capture, Storage, and Transformation
- Research different energy options in your area using the U.S. Energy Information Administration interactive map in References and Further Reading. Prepare a presentation or a paper, using the photographs from the first activity, presenting the pros and cons of different options for your community.
- As a persuasive writing exercise, write a letter to a politician that makes a case for supporting a particular energy option for your region. Support your case with images.
- Prepare a presentation or paper using the resources and imagery on biomimicry at asknature.org. Show how natural features of organisms can be used to design energy-capturing systems, such as wave turbines.
Middle & High School
Earth and Space Science
- Using photographs to recognize energy effects in the natural world
- Examining ways to capture, store, and use energy for work