Key Learning Targets
- Explore some of the ways in which colonized peoples and their colonizers interacted.
- Examine photographs for information about colonial societies, photographers, and the people who consumed the images.
- Be able to discuss what is in the photos and what is not pictured.
- Think about the meaning and impact of photographic images of colonialism, the popular perception of these countries, and how that may have changed over time.
- Compare and contrast the different methods of resistance to colonialism that occurred in India and Algeria.