Essential questions help organize the content and topics. Exploring the concepts of change and resistance through this collection of photographs will allow students to consider the following questions:
- What strategies did oppressed groups use to demand an expansion of rights and equal treatment?
- What are strategies that people can use today to seek societal change and/or expansion of equal rights?
- Why does the push for societal change often meet with resistance?
- Why does resistance to change often result in violent responses?
- What are some reasons that societal changes take so long?