Life Science: Session 5
Children's Ideas Bibliography
The Children's Ideas listed in this section of the Web site were compiled from the following research:
- Bishop, B. & Anderson, C. (1990). Student conceptions of natural selection and its role in evolution. Journal of Research in Science Teaching, 27(5), 415-427.
- Brumby, M. (1979). Problems in learning the concept of natural selection. Journal of Biological Education, 13(2), 119-122.
- Deadman, J. & Kelly, P. (1978). What do secondary school boys understand about evolution and heredity before they are taught the topics? Journal of Biological Education, 12(1), 7-15.
- Driver, et al. (1992). Life and living processes. Leeds National Curriculum Support Project, Part 2. Leeds City Council and the University of Leeds, UK.
- Engel Clough, E. & Wood-Robinson, C. (1985). Children’s understanding of inheritance. Journal of Biological Education, 19(4), 304-310.
- Settlage, J. (1994). Conceptions of natural selection: A snapshot of the sense-making process. Journal of Research in Science Teaching, 31(5), 449-457.
|prev: children's ideas||next: featured class|