Life Science: Session 2
Children's Ideas Bibliography
The Children's Ideas listed in this section of the Web site were compiled from the following research:
- Barman, C., et al. (1999). Assessing students’ ideas about animals. Science and Children 37(1): 44-49.
- Barman, C., et. al. (2000). Students’ ideas about animals: results for a national study. Science and Children, 38(1), 42-47.
- Braund, M. (1991). Children’s ideas in classifying animals. Journal of Biological Education, 25(2), 103-110.
- Carey, S. (1985). Conceptual change in childhood. Cambridge, MA: The MIT Press
- Driver, et al. (1992). Life and living processes. Leeds National Curriculum Support Project, Part 2. Leeds City Council and the University of Leeds, UK.
- Stavy, R. & Wax, N. (1989). Children’s conceptions of plants as living things. Human Development, 32, 88-94.
- Stovall, G. & Nesbit, C. (2003). Let’s try action research! Science and Children 40(6): 44-47.
|prev: children's ideas||next: featured class|