Life Science: Bottle Biology
Bottle Basics: Stringing Bottles
Bottle columns do not have to be strung and hung up but there are several advantages to doing so. By stringing bottles, you can:
- access different segments of your system more easily;
- stabilize your system and hold joints together better;
- transport your system more easily; and
- increase the chances that kids and/or pets will not knock your system over.
- Use a soldering iron (a hole punch works too, but holes are more
prone to ripping out) to make holes on each side of the bottle above
and below each joint.
- String nylon craft cord (string works too but is prone to decaying if it stays wet a long time) up one side and down the other, alternating between from outside in and from inside out.
|prev: bottle building blocks|