- Online Text
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Microstates, Macrostates, and Entropy
- 3. The Entropy of Energy Quanta
- 4. Entropy and States of Matter
- 5. Spontaneity and Gibbs Free Energy
- 6. Coupling Reactions
- 7. Equilibrium
- 8. The Equilibrium Constant Expression
- 9. Le Chatelier's Principle
- 10. Temperature and Equilibrium
- 11. Conclusion
- 12. Further Reading
- Unit Guide (PDF)
Section 12: Further Reading
Lightman, Alan P. "The Conservation of Energy." Great Ideas in Physics: The Conservation of Energy, the Second Law of Thermodynamics, the Theory of Relativity, and Quantum Mechanics. 3rd ed. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2000.
Lower, Stephen. "Thermodynamics of chemical equilibrium." http://www.chem1.com/acad/webtext/thermeq/index.html.
Phet Interactive Simulations. "Energy Forms and Changes." University of Colorado at Boulder. http://phet.colorado.edu/en/simulation/energy-forms-and-changes.
Phet Interactive Simulations. "Reversible Reactions." University of Colorado at Boulder. http://phet.colorado.edu/en/simulation/reversible-reactions.
The Royal Society of Chemistry. "The Quantum Casino." Presenting Science. http://www.presentingscience.com/quantumcasino/index.html.